Having studied the process of creating permanent change for over 20 years and having transformed her own experience of weighing nearly 300 pounds – twice, Dr. Rebecca Ocean (pen name for Rebecca Coleman, PhD) brings a wealth of professional knowledge and personal wisdom to her clients and O C E A N Embodiment Education Enterprises, Inc. Her own search for life-long, enlivening transformation led her to discover that long-term success in any area requires a foundation of compassion, awareness, and alignment with one’s essence or authentic core.
“Issues with food and weight are a powerful and beautifully symbolic portal to discovering our True Nature. As Geneen Roth says, deeply engaging with ourselves – body, heart, and and soul – in our relationship with eating is “the unexpected path to almost everything.” The great mistaken identity between who we think we are and who we really are plays out in our struggles with food (and relationships and money and…). All it takes is a pause in the dieting groupthink, to allow the hidden invitation to take root in the open space.
My mission is to harness the potential lying dormant in people’s struggle with food and weight by helping produce the pauses, sow the seeds, allow the rooting, and tend the nourishment of Love, Truth, and Beauty as it reveals itself to us all, as us all.” ~Dr. Rebecca Ocean
Dr. Ocean spent over 20 years developing Taking Your True Shape® from her ongoing research and teaching to help others harness the inner power they need to reach their greatest goals and do their greatest good. She knows first hand the powerful opportunity people have to give their deepest gifts to the world with all the energy that’s freed up from their struggle with weight. Taking Your True Shape® is designed to be truly satisfying for the most compassion-starved hearts and the most discriminating intellects.
Dr. Ocean has appeared on radio and television as an expert on women’s development through deep engagement with their bodies and creativity. She volunteers at local hospitals as the “Weight Loss Angel” and speaks to audiences and works with students around the world. Currently, she lives near the ocean in Long Beach, California where she teaches, writes, and continues to develop conscious embodiment tools and services for the health, happiness, and conscious evolution of all beings.
Dr. Ocean’s professional experience and training include:
- Twenty years experience teaching the physical, mental, emotional. social, and spiritual foundations for ending emotional eating and creating permanent, authentic weight loss
- Psycho-Spiritual Educator at the Mirasol Alternative Eating Disorder Treatment Center
- Professional support at Tucson-Southern AZ Weight Loss Surgery Support Group Meetings
- Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology and Doctoral Certification in Expressive Arts from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
- Non-denominational ordination from the Association for the Integration of the Whole Person
- Certification as Calling in “The One” Coach with Katherine Woodward Thomas and Claire Zammit
- Certification as Conscious Uncoupling Coach with Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Certification (in process) in NeuroNutrient Therapy with Julia Ross, (Treatment of Depression & Obesity)
- Certification (in process) in Transformative Medicine with Dr. Ruediger Dahlke, (treating symptoms as symbols)
- Study of Meditation and the Diamond Approach® with Hameed Ali, Jeanne Hay, Sandra Maitri, and other teachers in the Ridhwan School
- Current student in Ridhwan International Seminary Next Generation (RISNG) Training
- Study of the Enneagram with Sandra Maitri
- Study of Women’s Conscious Embodiment with Marion Woodman, Jill Mellick, Dorothy Ettling, and Rosemarie Anderson
- Study of Meditation and Integral Psychology/Spirituality with various teachers including Integral Enlightenment with Craig Hamilton
- Study of Anusara Yoga® with John Friend and Amber Huttner, and Teacher Training with Noah Maze