The 7 Practices for Taking Your True Shape® in Body, Relationships & Life
a transformative telecourse with Dr. Rebecca Ocean
- invested in your psycho-spiritual growth and transformation?
- successfully applying your learning to and transforming other areas of your life? Yet…
- still unable to embody the love, peace and freedom you sense is possible with your body, food and weight?
Discover your last weight loss program.
Finally, an Integral Approach to Weight Transformation
Traditional weight loss programs are based on a model that doesn’t recognize nor have the inner technology to support the comprehensive transformation required for permanent weight loss and resolution of imbalanced eating. True transformation in this area requires an approach founded on growth, development, and evolution of the soul rather than the problem-solving orientation of the culture at large.
Developed through 20 years of research and teaching, the Taking Your True Shape® program is a truly comprehensive, integral system for embodying one’s true and optimal expression in body/soul, relationships, work, and life.
In this special telecourse being offered especially for the iAwake and Integral Recovery communities for no charge, the 7 Practices for Taking Your True Shape® telecourse will support the development of weight loss, balanced eating, and/or transforming body image while providing guidance for embodying one’s true self in every area of life.
Tired of being told how to lose weight by people who’ve been skinny their whole lives?
Meet Dr. Rebecca Ocean
After weighing nearly 300 pounds – twice, 17 years ago Dr. Rebecca Ocean lost 150 pounds for the last time. From her personal experience, 20 years as a psycho-spiritual teacher, and her doctoral research on Women, Weight & Embodiment (understanding the psycho-spiritual process of healing obesity) she created the Taking Your True Shape® – a comprehensive eating and weight transformation program.
The Taking Your True Shape process is unique in the weight loss world because it supports people in making the critical shift from engaging transformation from a system based on negative judgement, willpower/control, and external problem-solving to a system based on compassion, curiosity, objective awareness, and embodied understanding of and alignment with the deepest truth of who and what we are. A long time student of the Diamond Approach® and practical methods of conscious embodiment, Rebecca incorporates decades of experience with the Enneagram, meditation, body/soul attunement, enquiry practice, relationship coaching, nutrition, and neuro-nutrient therapy into her work with students all over the world.
Taking Your True Shape classes are available online and in person in Southern California. Rebecca also teaches the deeper levels of the process through mini-retreats and personalized private sessions via phone or Skype.
Can’t make the live calls?
Once registered for the course participants will automatically receive emails with links to the MP3 recordings within 24 hours of the live call at no charge.
True Shape Practice 1: Meditation
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 • 4-5:30pm PDT, 5-6:30pm MDT, 6-7:30pm CDT, 7-8:30pm EDT
- What does meditation have to do with changing your relationship with body, food, and weight?
- Why the goal of meditation is not to “get your mind to stop” “feel peaceful” or any of the dozens of other meditation myths (and what the true goal is).
- How to know for certain when your meditation practice is on the right track.
The particular meditation used in Taking Your True Shape® is a simple yet potent catalyst for developing the presence that changes everything about weight loss, balanced eating, and transforming body image. On this call we’ll be joined by our friend, John Dupuy (founder of Integral Recovery and CEO of iAwake Technologies), for a synergistic conversation about transforming addiction and the easiest and most effective ways to make your daily meditation practice a solid part of your foundation for transformation.
True Shape Practice 2: Enquiry
Sunday, September 22, 2013 • 10-11:30am PDT, 11am-12:30pm MDT, 12-1:30pm CDT, 1-2:30pm EDT
- Discover the most important practice you will ever learn for transforming your relationship with your body, food, and weight.
- How to utilize your Enneagram type to unlock your personal weight loss code.
- The secrets to finding your optimal way of eating so that it feels authentic, natural, and sustainable for the rest of your life
Especially true for those with long histories of dieting, women and men who struggle with food and weight often have physiology and consciousness deeply grooved for mental, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual disequilibrium. Fortunately there’s a simple yet powerful practice that integrates the other 6 practices and creates realignment with the optimizing developmental force that establishes trust, dissolves distortions, and restores the capacity for balance in one’s whole system.
True Shape Practice 3: Eating
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 • 4-5:30pm PDT, 5-6:30pm MDT, 6-7:30pm CDT, 7-8:30pm EDT
- How to sift through all the conflicting information on dieting to find your optimal way of eating.
- What you need to know about the latest research to make changes with food easier and faster.
- The most direct and powerful way to work through the core issues under the emotional eating that sabotage your best intention and efforts.
Unfortunately, traditional approaches to weight loss further disconnect people from the source of wisdom that allows for a permanent solution in this area. The Taking Your True Shape® eating practice does the opposite while incorporating the latest research on nutrition and obesity.
True Shape Practice 4: Moving
Sunday, September 29, 2013 • 10-11:30am PDT, 11am-12:30pm MDT, 12-1:30pm CDT, 1-2:30pm EDT
- Why your workouts may be making you fatter and weight loss resistant.
- How to find the way of moving that feels natural and doable for you for life.
- Bust the myths about cardio and calorie burning once and for all.
The human body is designed to move, and once people discover the simple pleasure of moving in the ways that suit them best, this practice is one of the easiest to maintain. However, age, stress levels, and a mind-over-matter orientation to exercise often turns what could be a natural, pleasurable experience into drudgery and an exercise in futility. This lesson will reconnect you with the effortlessness of movement while introducing you to the latest research that unequivocally shows that especially as we age and especially when living high-stress lives, in the area of exercising for weight loss, less is more.
True Shape Practice 5: Support
Wednesday, October 2, 2013 • 3:30pm-5:00pm PDT, 4:30-6:00pm MDT, 5:30-7:00pm CDT, 6:30-8:00pm EDT
- What kind of support you MUST have every day to catalyze true transformation.
- How to break free of the false “I can do it myself” autonomy that keeps you trapped in a cycle of frustration and suffering.
- The key differences between support for the traditional vs. an integral approach to weight loss
It’s tragic but understandable that shame, embarrassment, and the belief that we should already know how to manage eating and weight discourage people from getting the kind of support that would make the process so much faster, easier, and more enjoyable. Even in traditional approaches to weight loss, it is common knowledge that outer support is a huge component of short and long term success. This is even more true with an approach designed to support the transformation of the whole person. In this lesson you will unlearn the common kinds of support that undermine transformation and discover the simple ways to give and receive the support that creates a turning point in your relationship with your body, food, and weight.
True Shape Practice 6: Relating
Sunday, October 6, 2013 • 10-11:30am PDT, 11am-12:30pm MDT, 12-1:30pm CDT, 1-2:30pm EDT
- Understand the intimate connection between relationship issues and weight regain.
- How to relate with others in a way that supports non-compulsive, natural eating.
- Use relationship patterns to discover the secret barriers to your permanent success.
Did you know that the biggest trigger for emotional eating is one’s experience in social, work, familial, and intimate relationships? Feeling alone, trapped, rejected, unseen, and even more deeply loved than ever before can all trigger eating and food choices that have nothing to do with physical hunger. This area of the issue doesn’t get nearly enough attention which is why it’s the biggest factor in recidivism. This practice empowers men and women to discover and express their wants, needs, and authentic experience in ways that generate self-trust, intimacy, and support for their transformation.
True Shape Practice 7: Serving
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 • 3:30pm-5:00pm PDT, 4:30-6:00pm MDT, 5:30-7:00pm CDT, 6:30-8:00pm EDT
- What the physiology of fat can teach you about your power, your voice, and your unique expression in the world.
- How to stop “weighting” to give your gifts.
- Why Taking Your True Shape in your work, creativity, and contribution is at least as important as what you eat for weight transformation.
Similarly to the area of support, this practice dissolves another highly significant but little discussed barrier to permanent success – the habitual repression of our unique gifts and contribution to ourselves, others, and the world. Both because we didn’t learn to see ourselves accurately and because of our natural human inclination to prefer the familiar suffering of our comfort zone, we hold back our optimal expression as the voice, hands, and hearts of the divine. For a great many people, excess weight is a concrete symbol of unconsciously withholding dynamic creative energy that seeks to flow through them and express itself in life. This practice will help you gently and with right timing open the channel and “take your true shape” in the world.